Carle Richland Memorial Hospital (CRMH) is a not-for-profit facility located in Olney. As part of the Carle Health System, it currently serves eight Southeastern Illinois counties, with a total population of more than 109,000 individuals.
CRMH is licensed at 118 beds and is accredited by the Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program (HFAP).
Carle Richland Memorial Hospital currently employs nearly 600 individuals and is the second largest employer in Richland County. It also serves as a Clinical Hub for the Southern Illinois University Physician Assistant Program and partners with area community colleges and universities as a clinical training site for numerous health professions.
CRMH has Emergent Stroke Ready designation by the Illinois Department of Public Health, as well as Level Two Nursery designation.
Medical Staff / Providers:
Carle Richland Memorial Hospital offers a diverse Medical Staff for the people of Southeastern Illinois representing a comprehensive range of specialties.
In addition to providers at the main hospital campus, Carle Richland Memorial Hospital has rural health clinics in Jasper County and Edwards County. They also have providers located at SIHF in Olney, and recently opened a Primary Care Clinic on Main Street in Olney.
Full-time providers are available in the areas of: Allergy Management, Anesthesia, Audiology, Cardiology, Ear, Nose and Throat (Otolaryngology), Family Medicine, General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine, Pathology, Pediatrics, Psychiatry, and Urology
In addition, visiting specialists are available who provide services in the areas of: Cardiology, Hand Surgery, Neurology/Sleep Medicine, Oncology/Hematology, Ophthalmology and Podiatry.
Services and Facilities:
Carle Richland Memorial Hospital is dedicated to providing state-of-the-art services and facilities. A new addition was recently opened that houses the only permanent MRI facilities in the hospital’s service area. Other recent expansions include a Women’s Health Center, new Main Entrance and an Outpatient Rehabilitation facility. Construction of a cardiology clinic is currently underway.
Carle Richland Memorial Hospital currently offers:
- Acute Care (Medical/Surgical/Pediatric and Advanced Care)
- Ambulance Services (Paramedic Level)
- Athletic Training Services
- Audiology/Hearing Evaluations and Services
- Cardiac Rehab
- Clinical Nutrition/Dietitian Services
- Convenient Care
- Diagnostic Imaging Services
- 3-D Mammography
- Bone Densitometry
- Nuclear Medicine
- Stereotactic biopsy
- Emergency Department
- EKG and Stress Testing
- Family Maternity Services (Obstetrics and Gynecology)
- G.I. / Endoscopy
- Home Health and Hospice
- Laboratory Services
- Long Term Care Unit (Extended and Skilled Care)
- Oncology Services
- Patient/Family Education and Outreach
- Pulmonary Function Testing
- Pulmonary Rehab
- Rehabilitation Services
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Sleep Studies
- Surgical Services (Inpatient and Same Day)
Licensure, Accreditations, Certifications or Special Designations:
- Licensed at 118 beds
- Fully accredited by the Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program (HFAP)
- Emergent Stroke Ready Designation by Illinois Department of Public Health
- Level II Nursery Designation
- Clinical Hubsite for Southern Illinois University Physician Assistant Program
- "A" letter grade from the Leapfrog Group for patient safety initiatives
- 5-star rating from CMS for Long Term Care Unit
- 2017 "Most Wired®" Hospital by the American Hospital Association